Hot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot Images
Hot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot Images

June 5, 2011

The Most Epic Page in My School's Yearbook

The caption under our totally rad group picture reads "Women Around Campus
Standing Up for Their Rights!" Two words: heck, and yeah.
Rejoice with me.

This is an actual scan from my actual high school yearbook, and it is so epic. Even though Real Beauty Revolution, the club I started back in September, only got a third of a page (while other groups got two pages *cough*cheer-leading*cough*), I'm still excited that it got in our book at all. Just look at that shot of my This is What a Feminist Looks Like t-shirt - I seriously want to laugh, cry, and do an interpretive dance all at the same time!

I don't know about you, but I still crack out my parents' yearbooks whenever I'm in need of a good "blast from the past" or chance to mock some what-were-they-thinking hairstyles; it feels good to know that I'll be able to show this yearbook to my own kids someday. Even though my head kind of looks like a mushroom (heh), I bet they'll be proud of me.

I count this page as a major triumph for feminism in my school. I had a hard time finding recruits for RBR earlier this year, but if we can break down barriers and show girls that it's not "bad" or "unattractive" to stick up for themselves, I bet we're going to fare extremely well next year. 

Next year, I'm shooting for a full page - and an editor who can actually spell my name right! *laughs*