skip to main
|
skip to sidebar
My New Feminist
August 14, 2011
Tina Fey: The Human Bra
Newer Post
Older Post
Home
Popular Posts
Experimentations of a Teenage Feminist's Mom
I can't believe this day has finally come . . . Today is the one-year anniversary of Experimentations of a Teenage Feminist ! Originally...
I Wish They'd "Take It All Off" the Internet
I found this gem whilst randomly site-surfing the other day. The composition was just too perfect; I had to take a screen-shot. I like to ca...
Purity Balls: Why is our virginity anybody's business but our own?
When I was a kid (read: younger than I am now), I was deathly afraid of Chucky from the Child’s Play series. You know him, right? He’s got...
Want a better chance of getting married, ladies?
Part of our summer homework for AP Language and Composition was to find ten op-ed (opinion-editorial) articles and respond to them. I wasn...
How do you feel about NY's same-sex marriage ruling? Submit your opinion to the online zine Grrrl Beat!
I'm guessing you've already heard the fantastic news: "[New York] lawmakers voted late Friday to legalize same-sex marriage, ma...
This is What a Feminist Looks Like
I'm still waiting to get my hands on one of those uber-cool " this is what a feminist looks like " t-shirts. Whoever came up w...
SlutWalk Seattle and the Awesomeness that Ensued
I was so excited to attend SlutWalk Seattle with my friend Sera two weekends ago. Seattle got a very interesting makeover (see pictures ab...
20 Ways to Lessen Your Risk of Sexual Assault
(Above) One of the many campaign ads from Men Can Stop Rape , an organization that seeks to redefine masculinity and "mobilize men to ...
A Modest Proposal (Abortion Edition)
Last year in class we read A Modest Proposal (1729) by Jonathan Swift. It's a satirical piece in which Swift suggests that the Irish s...
Friends, Romans, feminists . . . lend me your faces!
Show the world (or maybe just a few hundred people) what a feminist looks like! I hope you've all had a chance to check out my Faces of...
Popular Posts
A Modest Proposal (Abortion Edition)
Last year in class we read A Modest Proposal (1729) by Jonathan Swift. It's a satirical piece in which Swift suggests that the Irish s...
How do you feel about NY's same-sex marriage ruling? Submit your opinion to the online zine Grrrl Beat!
I'm guessing you've already heard the fantastic news: "[New York] lawmakers voted late Friday to legalize same-sex marriage, ma...
Experimentations of a Teenage Feminist's Mom
I can't believe this day has finally come . . . Today is the one-year anniversary of Experimentations of a Teenage Feminist ! Originally...
This is What a Feminist Looks Like
I'm still waiting to get my hands on one of those uber-cool " this is what a feminist looks like " t-shirts. Whoever came up w...
I Wish They'd "Take It All Off" the Internet
I found this gem whilst randomly site-surfing the other day. The composition was just too perfect; I had to take a screen-shot. I like to ca...
When You're About To Say Something Stupid . . .
Want a better chance of getting married, ladies?
Part of our summer homework for AP Language and Composition was to find ten op-ed (opinion-editorial) articles and respond to them. I wasn...
Purity Balls: Why is our virginity anybody's business but our own?
When I was a kid (read: younger than I am now), I was deathly afraid of Chucky from the Child’s Play series. You know him, right? He’s got...
SlutWalk Seattle and the Awesomeness that Ensued
I was so excited to attend SlutWalk Seattle with my friend Sera two weekends ago. Seattle got a very interesting makeover (see pictures ab...
Friends, Romans, feminists . . . lend me your faces!
Show the world (or maybe just a few hundred people) what a feminist looks like! I hope you've all had a chance to check out my Faces of...
Popular Posts
Life According to Google (Men vs. Women)
Is Google an elusive window into the complex minds of internetizens, or just an annoying friend who likes to finish all your sentences?
My Problem With "Maggie Goes On A Diet"
I discovered Maggie Goes On A Diet during one of my morning rituals ( I tend to start my days with a cup o' joe and a few interesting ...
Experimentations of a Teenage Feminist's Mom
I can't believe this day has finally come . . . Today is the one-year anniversary of Experimentations of a Teenage Feminist ! Originally...
Want a better chance of getting married, ladies?
Part of our summer homework for AP Language and Composition was to find ten op-ed (opinion-editorial) articles and respond to them. I wasn...
Purity Balls: Why is our virginity anybody's business but our own?
When I was a kid (read: younger than I am now), I was deathly afraid of Chucky from the Child’s Play series. You know him, right? He’s got...
When You're About To Say Something Stupid . . .
Book Review: "Out" by Natsuo Kirino
I had the pleasure of visiting a little bookstore a few weeks ago with my grandma. Actually, there was nothing "little" about that...
50 Best Movies for Women's History Month
For this month's poll (there's a monthly poll in the right-hand sidebar, don'tcha know?), I asked everybody what they've don...
Sting Operation Results Part #1: Hollister
Life's Big Question #283: Why don't the models in clothing ads ever wear any clothes? Well, as I sit here in the gentle glow of my b...
SlutWalk Seattle and the Awesomeness that Ensued
I was so excited to attend SlutWalk Seattle with my friend Sera two weekends ago. Seattle got a very interesting makeover (see pictures ab...
Blog Archive
►
2012
►
June
▼
2011
►
November
►
October
►
September
▼
August
Studio Art Project #2: Person (Well, Kind Of)
Studio Art Project #1: Still Life Objects
My Problem With "Maggie Goes On A Diet"
This is One Kick-Butt Granny
The Powerpuff Girls: "Equal Fights" Episode
Feminist Findings in Lady Gaga's Newest Album
Tina Fey: The Human Bra
Interview With Sophie Rae, the Lead Singer/Guitari...
Inside the Mind of a Teenage Feminist
5 Perspectives on the Recent Birth Control Ruling
Feminist TV Club: Commander in Chief
Miss Representation (Documentary Trailer)
I Wish They'd "Take It All Off" the Internet
►
July
►
June
►
May
►
March
►
February
►
January
►
2010
►
December
►
November
►
October
►
September
►
August
►
July
►
June